Still Photo Shoot/Commercial Filming Permits

The City requires a permit for any commercial filming on public property and commercial filming on private property which affects the public (Coronado Municipal Code Section 20.04). To obtain a permit to conduct a still photo shoot or a commercial filming in the City of Coronado an applicant must fulfill the following requirements:

  1. Complete the City's "Photography/Filming Permit Application."
  2. Sign the City's "Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risks."
  3. Provide the City with a Certificate of Insurance and Policy Endorsement naming the City and its elected and appointed officers, officials, agents and employees as "additional insureds." The insurable amount must be $1,000,000 in general liability.
  4. Pay the applicable fees to the City prior to conducting a photo shoot or a commercial film.

The application must be submitted to the City Manager's Office at least seven business days prior to the photo shoot in order for staff to complete the permit process. If you have any questions, please contact the City Manager's Office.


For events held at City parks and beaches, please visit the Recreation Department's section for information about Recreation special event permits. 


Contact Us

Blair King,
City Manager

Coronado City Hall
1825 Strand Way
Coronado, CA 92118
Get Directions

  • Phone: 
    (619) 522-7335
  • Fax: 
    (619) 522-7846
  • Staff Directory
  • Department Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
    8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday