Department Mission Statement:
The purpose of the Fire Services Department is to accomplish its department goals. This is achieved through the following programs:
Operations & Training
Emergency Medical Services
Fire Prevention &
- To ensure fiscal responsibility while delivering the highest level of customer service possible.
- To foster and maintain an atmosphere of mutual cooperation throughout the community.
- To eliminate future fire hazards and ensure access and firefighting capabilities through planning, code enforcement, and plan checks.
- To respond quickly to and extinguish fires so as to minimize the loss of life, damage to property, and economic impact upon the community.
- To provide the best available emergency medical support and transport system to the residents and visitors of Coronado.
- To ensure that the City and its residents are prepared to effectively respond to major disasters by providing information and education in the areas of fire safety and emergency preparedness.
- To provide prompt and courteous response to public calls for service and fire hazard complaints.